Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's EASY: Live What You Believe!!

Well, I am a Christian and everyon knows that...if not, now you do. But I wold love to say I would do anything for him...but honesty I am not there in my walk with God. But I am growing continually and I would like to think that if I was walking down the street, someone could point me out as a disciple of Jesus. I would love to say that with confidence..but I know there are somedays that I don't have that "jump" to my step.

But There are a few things that bother me..like just this past weekend. I was on the BSU (I mean BCM) Conference and I was hanging out with some of the other people. ANd out of the blue, assuming these two guys went to school togather of course, one of the guys asks, "Did you study?" "Naw; I never study....I have blah blah next to me." "Man I wish I was sitting over there, blah keeps covering her page" Well, that when someone interupted and so did I with replys like... "why do you have to cheat?"; "what going to happen when the exam rolls around?" Well, apparently these guys thought it was ok to cheat and they will continue to cheat even into exam time. And they kinda slashed comments toward me and this other person about "you must the ones who mess up the curves!"

Well honesty I have nothing that discriminates myslef against cheater. But I don't see it as right. It is morally wrong. They are relying on someone else to know what they should, and they leave with a passing grade eventhough they have no clue. What is up with that?! But The thing that irritates me the most is that one of them was a BSU representative state-wide. How can you be a leader and be a role model for others, when what you are doing isn't moral worthy??

I don't get it!
Well, this just hits me hard. I don't know what to say to people that are so lost in themselves and grades that they can't handle, then they figure they can add more things and be a leader in something else. I honesty can say, I don't cheat and NEVER will. I take 20 hours, yes, and I get good grades! I pass my classes and honesty if Idon't know the material, I will tell the teacher and would rather fail the test then cheat. Honesty! Integrity! On my Honor!

Well, as I see someone that has done something, that isn't "Christian-like" and lives with it [ meaning = doesn't bother to fix it ]... can only become the typical view of Christians. IF YOUR A CHRISTIAN ACT LIKE IT! If you should be a role model, be one. Don't cheat if you know it is not moral.

This reminds me of the other time I was at a retreat, Gatlinburg Retreat. I didn't say anything though. But there was this gurl... she was wearing one of the while bracelets (that all of us had on from the retreat meetings in the morning) and even was a youth leader (meaning she was the "role model" of her group of friends/christians). But she was wearing a spray painted (you know b/c there was a vender dude who made them) with a playboy bunny in the middle of the shirt... and the word Sexy, *itch, and Pimp.. on the shirt also. I found it amazing.
I have more stories... but would rather not.

But the main question is, how can someone be a leader and not worry about if they are a good role model? Are they not worried about how they are portraining Christians (or anything for that fact)?? It's just like the captain of teams who drink of do drugs and are no good to be an example of the team. Or it's like those who cuss like no tomorrow and have no concern about how STUPID they sound. [Sorry if you are one of these people.. but please know that I just want you to open your eyes and she what and idiot you look and should like...how bad you contrict yourself and beliefs....Better yet, I am not sorry... OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK AT YOURSELF]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home